Tuesday 5 February 2013

Time Travelling with a companion of faith



I had a weird experience last week. I time travelled. Not literally. Which is a shame. If I ever see a tardis I'll be off.

Today I was surrounded by people who made me feel like the person I used to be around ten years ago.

Age is a strange thing, as is time. One minute you are in your teens, with life to live and you can't get enough done and there aren't enough opportunities, then in your twenties there are finding out what limitations might feel like, due the real world and expectations crashing into each other, then in your thirties there is a resignation almost, a realisation of your place in the world.

And the last fifteen or twenty years seem to have had some fast forward catastrophe... just like in a DVD where you can jump scenes every few minutes, your life becomes a series of moments that stick. Where did all the inbetween stuff go?

So, do we want to be the person we were ten years ago? Or do we want to be who we are now? What if we were a faith filled, taking on the world type person ten years ago? What if that isn't who we are now? Should we try and reach back in time to recapture the past, or do we look forward with wisdom, integrity, confidence and ambition?

And if you see a blue police box (bigger on the inside) do let me know.

Even to your old age and grey hairs
I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you.


Isaiah 46:4 Jesus Geeks.

image (c) tardisadventures.tumblr

1 comment:

  1. For me I want to move forward with all the things you mentioned because they are great things to move on with and a big sign of maturity. Life knocks us around but we learn loads and there is loads more new stuff around the corner. I know I'll still make mistakes but I want new experiences not old ones. They'll be different but when I look back in another 10 years I'll see how much further I've come, how much more I've learned again and I believe I'll have a stronger faith than I ever did before!

    ReplyDelete